Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

A Spoonful of sugar

So I realized I didn't have a tip for Mondays Maid Simple yesterday and started to tap my head like Pooh Bear saying "Think, Think, Think" I always try to use tips I learned throughout the week that helped simplify my life in some way whether it be for baking, cleaning, personal hygiene, well you get the point for ANYTHING really.
This last week I was on an emotional roller coaster not only due to Elsie becoming a big girl with her potty training and sleeping in her big girl bed but because of my little brother having his kidney removed as well. This was yet another repercussion from the near death accident he was in over a year ago. Though he will be fine having one kidney it is hard to think at only 25 years of age he has had so many major surgeries and problems from that one accident.
With all that being said I realized the only thing that made my life a little bit easier (besides prayer) was having a special treat. See's candies can literally help the hurt as I like to say. And we made sure to buy some during a trip to the mall last week.
I realized Mary Poppins really knew what she was talking about when she sang the infamous lyrics, "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."
Last night Micah and I snuck out for a late dinner and while having a serious discussion of things we've been dealing with and the hard week behind us we enjoyed a slice of a raspberry chocolate cake, and let me tell you it made me feel alot better.
So today I am not leaving you with a life changing tip but a fabulous recipe.

Pumpkin Cobbler
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs beaten

30 oz. pureed pumpkin
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup sweet butter (melted)
1/4 cup brown sugar


Directions
first get your handy helper(s)
Preheat oven to 350
mix together the first 8 ingredients (sugar - milk)
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and pour the mixture into the dish
Sprinkle DRY cake mix evenly over the mixture
pour melted butter evenly and slowly over that.
Then sprinkle brown Sugar on top of the butter
Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until edges look slightly brown.
 Serve warm and top with whipped cream or Vanilla Bean ice cream.
while trying to take picture of the cobbler
some little fingers just couldn't resist
and that is that

So whip this delicious dessert up for your work Halloween pot luck, church event, or if you're like me, just bake it for you and your fam at the house. And the next time you need a little pick me up. Serve yourself some and enjoy it. Every bite.

Proverbs 24:13-14 "Eat honey, my son, for it is good; Honey from the comb is sweet to your taste. Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul, if you find it there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.










No comments: