Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

Cross Country Cookin': Taco Ring

So this weeks recipe from Jenn is for Taco Ring. I have had this on different occasions at various family gatherings and every time she makes it I can never get enough. The combination of crescent rolls, meat and cheese can only translate to fatty goodness! I can remember having this as a young girl at a Pampered Chef party with my mom and think that is where it originated from...not quite sure though.

TACO RING
1 lb of meat (ground beef, turkey, chicken)
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
grated cheddar cheese (however much you like)
2 cans of crescent rolls


Brown the meat. Follow directions from your taco seasoning packet for making taco meat. When meat is ready add cheese to it.
While your meat is cooking start by placing the crescent rolls in a "sunshine" shape on the baking stone or sheet. Take one triangle and put it at 12 o'clock (wide part to the middle, pointed end out), put another triangle at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. Fill in the rest of the triangles. When meat is ready place it around 
the center edge of the "sunshine" then fold the pointed ends to the middle to cover the meat. Bake it in the oven at 375 until golden brown.

Topping Suggestions:
sour cream
lettuce
tomato
cheese
olives
salsa


I'm thinking that if you really wanted to cut some calories you could use the 1/3 less fat crescent rolls, soy meat crumbles and soy cheese. I might try that this week.
This dish is so simple and is great for entertaining. I think I will go stock yp on these ingredients seeing as how I have guests stopping by each week to meet my little man and would love to have a delish dish on hand for them. 
Hope you all enjoy! ( I know you will) 

This pic is from the Pampered Chef Cookbook. What a fab idea to have the toppings in the middle for guest to scoop up. Great presentation!


No comments: