Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

Peach Crunch Cake

Okay everyone you voted and if you didn't already know from the blog button on the left sidebar the new feature on my blog will be called "Cross Country Cookin'." If you have no idea what I'm referring to please see original post here.
The first recipe Jenn started me off with was for a Peach Cake Crumble. It was simple. It was scrumptious. It will definitely be made again. We had guests over for dessert the night I baked it so it worked out perfectly for this weeks recipe. They loved it as well, and we all had seconds... some had thirds.
Make sure to hop on over to her blog to see what she whipped on my behalf. Jenn's Blog
Recipe is as follows:
PEACH CRUNCH CAKE
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Layer ingredients in a 13 X 9 dish, in order starting with the peaches.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cold… with or without ice cream. Oh we served it with some Ice Cream. Yummy! 
Don't judge me on my store brand items. I was in a time crunch with only $10 on me
Items dumped in dish.Check
Items Baked.Check
Items eaten. Double Check!
I know the benefits of cooking everything from scratch but can appreciate the simplicity of just dumping five ingredients into a dish and baking it. When making it a second time and oh there will be, I will most likely add cinnamon. I thought to add it when preparing it this go around but remembered saying to stick to each others recipes and so I refrained from doing so based off my guidelines for this whole recipe exchange. Like I said it was delicious as is, but my taste would have preferred a little spice to it. 


Side Note: The following morning Elsie climbed up the stool to help me prepare pancakes and saw the Peach Cake. She tasted it and became territorial of it instantly. I couldn't believe it. She kept telling Micah and I, "No, No" when we tried picking at it. So funny. She literally was shoving it into her mouth like she couldn't get enough. 





No comments: