Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

Morning Surprise

This morning before Micah left for work he went and checked on Elsie. He shut her door, fed the dog and came and said good bye to me. I could hear her talking through the monitor so I asked him just to bring her to me, seeing it was only 10 minutes before her feeding time. He went in the nursery and hollered for me to come and see her. I walked in to find her rolled over onto her back. He had just checked on her only moments before and she was sound asleep on her tummy. Yet here she was, looking up smiling and looking like such a big girl on her back. She rolled over on her own. We were both so proud of her. Micah immediately picked her up and squeezed her with excitement. After Micah left I got emotional about it because she is growing up too fast. I love this sweet, innocent, non-mobile stage and it is passing by right before my eyes.

So onto our three day weekend. Micah had Friday off so we ventured off to Newport Beach. I had in my mind that we would drive out there only to turn around and come home, just because all the sand and surf. Elsie actually did great. We were there for three hours and I got a great tan so I can't complain. We beat traffic both ways so that made it even more enjoyable. We stayed in the rest of the night and watched movies.
On the 4th of July we went to have an early breakfast after Elsie's 6:00 feeding and then lounged around the house until my parents came over. We set the grill to BBQ, and after stuffing ourselves we went swimming. After relaxing outside for a bit we all got ready and went to another Lake Elsinore Storm Minor league game. We purchased grass ticket seats but after setting up our blanket we realized we couldn't see and that it wasn't going to be easy keeping Elsie asleep while sitting on a slant, so we went and found empty seats to enjoy the game. We got kicked out of the first set of seats but then found even better seats and enjoyed the rest of the game from there. Micah and I were cracking up because we looked over to see my parents looking so stressed like we were going to get in trouble. We told them to relax and they did, but I wish I would've got a picture of their "We are pretending to enjoy the game but are really stressed we're going to get kicked out" faces.We left the field right before they set of fireworks to beat traffic and we enjoyed them from the comfort of our car right outside the stadium. It was truly an All American 4th of July, I mean we had a BBQ, swam in the pool, baseball game and ended the night with some awesome fireworks. My parents spent the night and after church my mom and I went shopping because I mean c'mon, it wouldn't have been a holiday weekend if there wasn't a little shopping involved. After they left Micah, Elsie and myself just lounged around and relaxed the remainder of the weekend.
Getting ready to walk out on the beach
Elsie was squinting like this the whole time, I guess it was too bright for her even under our canopy
Don't worry we only took her into the sun and down to the water for like 2 minutes OK, seriously, look at her thighs. I can just eat them all day!
What a vision
Micah gave her a bath when we got home and I walked in to find this
I told Elsie we had to get the laundry done before Grandma & Grandpa came over so she decided to help
Which basically turned into her sucking on every article of clothing she could get her tiny hands on
At the baseball game
Yes that is my bandana in her hair. I didn't have any red bows and I wanted her to be festive for the 4th. All her other outfits are still too big so she wore her blue and white polka dot pants and rocked the red bandana.
This is the team's mascot "Thunder"...
and of course, bath time again with Daddy.

3 comments:

Ensor said...

Squish those thighs for me!

Ensor said...

Squish those thighs for me!

shannon said...

I lovelovelove her bath face. Also I laughed outloud after I read the caption about her sucking on clothes and then scrolled down to the next picture.