Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

At Home for the Holidays

(my Don this morning basking in the Christmas light glow)
I was up early today. I was able to get my devotion and quiet time in with my God, put some finishing stitches on a few orders and then even had some time to stalk browse blogs and instagram for thirty minutes or so. I'd say it's shaping up to be a great Tuesday thus far.
While searching through blogs and pictures I couldn't help but be warmed by all the holiday magic everywhere. 
I'm not talking about all the pictures of people with the Holiday Lattes from Starbucks (although those happy red cups are quite festive) I'm talking about pictures of families turning in the Shoe Box gifts at churches, families collecting canned goods for the shelters and even saw a blog post about a Christmas Cookie Making Party someone hosted, so they can send off sweet goodies to our Troops this Holiday season! I love seeing the hearts of people during Christmas and how it brings out doing so much good for others.
Though my heart gets all warm and fuzzy from all the kindness shown by others this time of year I still can't help but love reading blogs and seeing pictures of the wee ones dressed up in their Holiday garb so they can take those memorable screaming pictures with Santa. Or the shots of the husbands hanging from ladders as they're decorating the outside of the house so all those who drive by can admire that magical glow once night falls. Something about seeing Christmas trees decorated with your own personal touches making something very common completely unique, I just love it!
Now I'm not really one who does home tours or even enjoys browsing others homes but I do however LOVE seeing pictures of your homes decorated for Christmas. 
With that being said we're (Jen, Caroline and myself) having a fun Holiday link up next week! You can show us how you decorate your home for the holidays! I would love to bundle up with a nice hot chocolate next week and browse through all your holiday goodness! 
The link up will go live late Monday night (Dec.10th) or ready for your sweet little fingers to link up Tuesday morning!

So snap some pictures of your stockings hung by the chimney with care, or your Christmas tree that has ornaments only decorating on the top half because you have toddlers with little fingers who like to touch! I really can't wait to see your decorated Home this Holiday and I really hope you'll join in on the fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! That dog just melts my heart!!! Ahh! I am such a sucker for dogs!
Can't wait to see your decked out house! Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to link up as my college roommates and I have not had much time between finals to decorate :(
XO
Amanda @ Faith*Love*Strength

Kait said...

Your pup is precious! Love him..and you!!! XO

Kate @ BROhaha said...

How fun! definitely going to check back Tuesday :)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh your dog is too cute!! :) xo HOlly

Courtney said...

Great idea!!! I can't wait to see everyone's Christmas decorations!

xo, Courtney
shabbyloveschic.com

The Arizona Russums said...

Yay! So excited for this. XO!