Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

just a another Tuesday

"But now you must also rid yourselves of all 
such things as these; anger, rage, malice, slander and filthy language from your lips" Colossians 3:8

Blink, blink. I sit here pondering these words. Why didn't I get up and do my devotion before the babies woke. I needed this exact scripture for this mornings happenings. Vernon waking up way too early at 6:00 which led to his big sis waking way too early. *sigh*
So let's see...
Anger:  I let out the biggest grunt of frustration to Micah because of them being up so early. 
Rage: Stomping around the house and washing Vernon's bottle very loudly and spitefully. *ahem, ya I think that is considered rage right.
Malice: Threatening Elsie with no shows to watch because she didn't stay in her bed while shoving Vernon's bottle in his mouth. (yes I did that)
Slander: hmmm, would telling your husband that your babies are ridiculous and are setting you up for failure today fall in this category.
Filthy Language: what? Oh not me. of course not. Oh wait, I believe after setting Vernon in his highchair and having Elsie sit quietly on the couch I stormed into the kitchen and said to Micah, "How am I to be a good mom and wife when the day starts of so Sh*@!y! UUGGGHHHHH!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!
Thank God for Micah taking the time to pray with me before he left. My morning instantly turned around but desperately wished it hadn't needed to be turned. I am beyond grateful for this passage this morning. Obviously convicting, revealing areas that need some major work. After all we are works in progress right? 
I had high hopes for today. Getting up, doing my devotion, finishing up one of my embroidered pieces, getting dressed and then preparing breakfast for me and the babes. I am laughing at this glorious picturesque morning I had planned when I know full well nothing ever goes as planned when you have littles. 
Instead I will be rockin' the sweats, downing Donut Shop coffee and after this post will be coloring with Elsie until Vernon wakes up. Who knows, it's nice out... maybe a venture to the beach? All I know is there will be lots of prayer as I go about my day asking Him to rid of these things I wish not to have come from my lips again.
hope your day has started off better than mine... and if not I hope that it will be turned around as well as mine did.

9 comments:

shannon said...

You can pull off the sweats-look better than anyone I know. True dat.

Danielle said...

I struggle with all of these things every single day!! This post really convicted me and I thank you for that! I also think it's amazingly awesome how honest you are! I know a lot of bloggers won't admit to the struggles and mistakes they make, no matter how simple and common. I really admire you for this post & your honesty! I'll be praying for ya! xo

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Sounds WAY to familiar:)
Thanks for sharing this verse.
We've been having these early mornings way too often lately over here. *sigh*
Hope you have a good day!!

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Sounds WAY to familiar:)
Thanks for sharing this verse.
We've been having these early mornings way too often lately over here. *sigh*
Hope you have a good day!!

molly june. said...

all i can say is ditto. but my attitude has still not turned around. EEEEEEESH.

Claudia Fabiana said...

New follower from Sugar and Dots. Stop by for a visit to my blog sometime. Have a great day!

ciao

Summer-Raye said...

would love to button swap

Alison Herron said...

Yes...been there...prayed those prayers...praying those prayers. Grateful for the honesty here.

Alison Herron said...

Yes...been there...prayed those prayers...praying those prayers. Grateful for the honesty here.