Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

Chitty Chitty Bang-BANGS!

So I had one of those days. You know, my hair is driving me nuts kind of day, because of all the new "baby" hair growth due to... ?? You tell me! What is it with all this new baby bangs madness, curly tangled mess underneath the back part of my hair and why doesn't my hair part or any other hairs lay properly since I've had Vernon. Anyway, it stinks. I don't like it.
And what happens during nap time when you actually have free time and you feel fugly.
Well you take matters into your own hands... with a pair of scissors apparently.

Here is the thing. This is not the first time I have done this. I've had blunt bangs quite a few times, except I've only cut them myself one other time. I'm not too concerned, I mean, Micah loves them and I like them but after I had the "ugghh, I hate the the way I look and have to change it now" thought and decided to cut them I instantly had the, "UHMYGAWD, what did I just do, I have family photos in less than two weeks and Melissa is going to kill me" thought. By Melissa I mean my dear dear friend, who is also my stylist and just literally cut my hair a couple of weeks ago. Miss, just so you know this irrational hair cut was due to crazy hormonal hair growth, not anything you did. Love you, and don't be mad if I call you the day before my photo shoot to come fix me. 
Ok now that I got that off my chest, here is the new me!
Don't be surprised if my next post consist of tears, and I don't mean Vernon.

Hope you all have a more rational thinking day than I did.


7 comments:

molly june. said...

CUTE! i love 'em. and that hat! oh, my.

DawnaHartman said...

I think you made a really great decision. You work those bangs like no one else I know. Annnnd, I love...like LOVE that yellow beanie.

PS. I have crazy frizz-like baby hair that runs along my hairline, under my bangs - it's so friggin' ridiculous.

DawnaHartman said...

I think you made a really great decision. You work those bangs like no one else I know. Annnnd, I love...like LOVE that yellow beanie.

PS. I have crazy frizz-like baby hair that runs along my hairline, under my bangs - it's so friggin' ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Umm, I was really focused on your CUTE yellow beanie and didn't barely notice your bangs ha! -Whit

Ashley said...

Love the bangs on you!! Bangs always look good on you! Then again.. what doesn't. LOL
Love ya

KnittedFox said...

Your yellow hat- I LOVE IT! I have a similar hat, which is the knitting love of my life. Your hat compliments your bangs so well~ you look super pretty! *^_^*v

Ali Winter said...

Hey Nat! I venture over to read sometimes from Molly and love your posts ;) i love all your recipes and tips. they are great ideas! I think your bangs look pretty fantastic. My hair is an insane mess after 4 kids. It's a nightmare that I just put up all the time and I am always tempted to cut it too.

I read you pumpkin cheesecake post and appreciate your honesty. Being a mom is tough and I have periods like this too where I'm just down and not myself. I think mommy life got a lot harder for me too after my 2nd. It can be quite a juggle. Hang in there. You are not alone, I promise!

ps...I know you like to read from reading your posts ;) "Loving the Little Years" by Rachel Jankovic is a great book! One of the best mommy books I've read. If you haven't read it yet, I totally recommend it. It really encouraged me!