Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

'til death do us part

... except our officiant said "til death us do part" which of course we repeated. I understand that technically it is still correct to say it that way but it didn't feel natural, I mean saying our vows came naturally but the "us do" didn't exactly roll off the tongue because we had both always heard it said the other way. That was eight years ago today. I still can't believe it. I know people say this all the time but it truly does not feel like it has been that long. It's crazy to think that after buying our first home and selling it, traveling all over, and having two kids that our journey together has only just begun (queue Carpenters "We've only just begun" track here) We still have so much to look forward to. I can't imagine my life without him. He is still,hands down, the funniest person I know, most genuine and kindest as well. His integrity has not faltered and find that I (as cheesy as this sounds) am more in love with him today than I was the day we said "I do"
Micah, you are an amazing father and wonderful husband. Thank you for all you do for me and our family. I am tremendously blessed with you as my partner in life. You are my best friend and I love you. Our adventure continues...
look at us, we were just babies
5 year vow renewal in Las Vegas
aww... look at these two love birds
...and now

The traditional eight year anniversary gift is Bronze. I decided I would have a sculpture made of me and place it in the front yard for Micah to discover upon his return home from his business trip but who knew that would cost thousands, so I think I'll stick to the modern gift idea and go with Linen. I wanted new sheets anyway, so it's the perfect excuse. 

"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

"There is a time for work. And a time for love. That leaves no other time."- Coco Chanel

1 Cor: 4-7 "Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.








No comments: