Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

Thank You


Micah and I had the opportunity to be part of one of the most heartwarming events. Our dear friend Kelly Mauk and her baby boy, Noah, were awaiting the arrival of their husband, daddy and well...Hero. Andrew Mauk is a marine returning home from Iraq, after being stationed there for 8 months. There is no describing the anticipation and emotion that took place there in 29 palms at the Marine Base. Families and friends gathered in the 110 degree weather, in hopes that at any moment it would be announced that the buses have arrived and the Troops were home. When that announcement was finally made, a shiver went up my spine and a realization occurred. These are not just men and women out fighting in a war. These are mommies, daddies and loved ones fighting to support their families, fighting for what they believe in and most importantly fighting for our freedom...my freedom. Seeing the tears fall from faces of children and spouses made me realize that there is so much more that these soldiers are sacrificing. They aren't only sacrificing their own lives but their families are going through such hardship while doing so. I have always had the utmost respect for our soldiers but now I have an unexplainable appreciation for what they do, for us. When those soldiers stepped off the bus and made there way across the field to find their loved ones I wasn't able to breathe. I was watching Kelly as she was looking for Andrew, and then...there he was. The love in her for him was under each footstep that pounded the floor as she ran to him, it was was in her jump as she leaped into his arms and it was in every ounce of her body as she was embracing him. I can't remember the last time I cried with such joyous tears but when Andrew was given Noah to hold, the tears seemed to never end. I am happy that this family is reunited and I pray that the Lord will rebuild their relationships to be even better than what they were before he left. This is such an amazing family. Kelly is such a great wife and mommy and I am so blessed to have her in my life. As emotional as this whole day was there was something that touched me more than anything. Andrew thanked Micah and I for being there but all we could do was say thank you to him. I was confused of why he said thank you, I mean we were just there for support, but what he was doing for us was indescribable, and these soldiers are doing it every day. Thank you Andrew for serving our country. Thank you.

No comments: