keepin' it real yo'
So here we go.
- I didn't put on deodorant but the sad part of that is I never even remembered until I got a wif of my stinky self at 6:00 pm that evening
- I let Elsie rock an old dress she pulled out of the garage sale pile from 6 months ago out in public
(it's royal blue and sparkly and is bad enough on it's own without being old and ill fitting)
- I fed my kids left over cupcakes for breakfast yesterday
- I fed them chic-fil-A for dinner because I still forgot to go grocery shopping
- I ate a whole mini cake that Micah brought home for me in lieu of dinner tonight #payingforit
- I cried in the shower yesterday for no other reason than I was feeling overwhelmed
- I skipped and did a happy dance thinking I received happy mail for my birthday only to open it to see it was the hoops I needed for orders that were on backorder for weeks. #selfishmuch
- I may have left the hoops package outside because I was so disappointed
- I let Elsie take a very long nap yesterday because I had things I needed to catch up on
- I crawled into bed with her and fell asleep for almost an hour and now I still have lots I need to catch up on
- I'm starting to stress about getting curriculum and pre-school activities because everyone else is
- I feel like a really irresponsible mom and have been feeling less than adequate lately
- Elsie "graduated" into a new class at church and it did not go well on Sunday
- After church I sat in the car and sobbed and then called Shan to vent at her
-Vernon is crazy cranky lately because of new molars coming in and only eats soft sweet things because of his teeth, debating on making him a molar celebrating smash-cake.
- I used a fork to roast a marshmallow over the stove to make myself a s'more at 10:00 pm last night
- I'm just now starting to freak about my new age that is quickly approaching
- I get sweaty and feel like I may vomit every time I think about the conference I'm speaking at
- I am missing my sister (in-law) like crazy lately but never even pick up the phone to call her
- I didn't do my devotions two days in a row so I tried spending extra time in prayer only to fall asleep
- I know I need to be in the word now more than ever with all these "I'm not good enough" thoughts
- I still haven't read today
I realized that I had a whole list going and that it is only making me feel like a loser the deeper I get into it. I wasn't writing to show that I'm lazy and that I don't have it all together. I was writing because I don't have it all together some days but I know it's okay. Some weeks call for cupcakes for breakfast or a run to the nearest Chic-Fil-A for din. I know that the house can't be spotless everyday with two littles and a dog running around. I know that I can't get caught up with wanting to handle and do it all beautifully because if I set unattainable goals I will feel "less than"
I'm off to get into the word, which wasn't what I was planning on doing tonight but after typing out what I was feeling I see it's beyond necessary. Are you following along in Proverbs with the She Reads Truth community? You really need to, it's good for the soul.
Sorry for this crazy random post, this got a lot more real than I had intended.
Mrs.Pates Writes has started a beautiful new portion to her blog titled "Just Cause" where she will be highlighting one charitable cause or organization each month and starting it off this September she is highlighting Sole Hope! You know how near and dear Sole Hope is to me and so if you've posted about a shoe cutting party you've hosted you can link up there on her site OR if you've been wanting to host your own party now is the time because Sole Hope is offering a 15% discount on all shoe cutting party kits for the whole month of September. Head on over to Just Cause now to link up or to grab your discount code.