Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Pin It

wrapping up

This month was a good one. A long one but a goodie nonetheless. I say long when in actuality it flew by, and yet it still seemed long. (does that make sense?) Long days of prepping for the boutique which turned into long evenings stitching away. I still have long nights as I finish up the last few custom orders from the boutique and package up the orders that were placed since I re-stocked the shop. Even now I'm up past midnight writing this post because I can't seem to fall asleep. I'm not stressed. Not anxious. Not anything but blessed. 
Today (technically yesterday at this point) was filled with giggles. Lots of them. Plus warm snuggles and hot toddler breath on my face from Elsie laying on my chest as I sang her to sleep. That hasn't happened since she was Vernon's age. Speaking of the mister, Vernon is becoming more of a little man with each passing day and just today walked up to me, took his paci out of his mouth and kissed me right on the smacker, then walked away dragging his blankie behind him. I died. So sweet. The both of them.(Look at these pics below of these two sweet babes, exactly a year ago to date...)
Ending on such a high note got me excited to look forward to this upcoming month. A month of much needed down time. A family vacation on the horizon and a road trip with some of my fave girls up to the Bay Area! The planning of my best friend's baby shower and beach trips galore! August is full of fun and I can't wait!
I'm also excited in terms of the blog for the month of August. As I wrap up July with over five hundo followers, thanks to all of you and a lil push from miss Alissa last night on twitter I will be kicking it off with a giveaway! So be on the look out for that tomorrow. I'm also stoked for all the blogs I'm partnering up with this month and can't wait for you all to meet them or for the ones you do know to maybe get to know a little better. Because seriously, they are awesome! 
However,I always try to remind myself that just because I have big plans and have a list of things I want to get checked off for each month that I need to treat each day as a blessing and to not get ahead of myself. To pray that my plans align with God's plans for my life because I don't know about you but I've been there. You know, there in that place of disappointment and regret. Worry and maybe even a tad bit confused when YOUR plans don't go the way you had intended. When in fact if you had taken the time to pray about those plans and really listened you might not have gotten into the sitch you ended up in. Yeah I've been there and pretty much want to avoid feeling disappointed when my plans go array. So I'm praying to stay focused and driven by only God's word.
"Many are the plans in man's heart. But it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." --Proverbs 19:21


So now I can either keep writing my thoughts or give in to my heavy mascara coated eyes and leave you with this. July was good but August is gonna rock people! Bring. It. On.



5 comments:

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Congrats on hitting 500 last night! That's awesome. Your kiddos are just precious. Here's to an awesome August!

Angela said...

Seriously, you and your kids are gorgeous! What beautiful photos!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Congrats on 500!! Thats so awesome! Pretty pictures, I'm excited for this month too! :) :) xo Holly

Unknown said...

Those are some cutie pies you have there!
Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You have a great blog! I loved it! Come and check out mine some time if you like...

http://google-keywordtool-forumz.blogspot.com/

If you like it it would mean a lot to me if you follow it! You see I am new to blogging and not much people come see my blog. It would mean a lot if you considered taking a bit of your time to see it and maybe follow it. Thx!